Avoid Expensive Mistakes
The #1 Selling Book on Moving to Florida
The Florida Move Guide
By Ron Stack, main author of this website.
Is moving to Florida really right for you?
- Too many people spend a lot of time and money moving to Florida only to learn it was an expensive mistake.
- Roughly 1000 people each day move out of Florida.
Here’s what happened to “Carol from Philadelphia” who left the following comment on this site:
“My husband and I are so sorry we retired to Sarasota two years ago. After taking a substantial financial loss, we are moving back to Philadelphia in two weeks. Please read Ron stack’s book!!
We vacationed in Florida for years and thought we loved it, but the heat and humidity for nine months in Sarasota is unbearable. For the first time in my life, I passed out from dehydration after working out indoors. Over 30% of the Sarasota population is over 65 compared with about 12% as an average for the rest of the country. Look up city demographics before you move anywhere. Do you want to join groups and attend functions where nearly everyone is elderly? We have moved a lot in our lives for job opportunities, so we know how to adjust to a new community. However, it hard to make friends here because so many people come and go. Traffic during the “season” (winter) is treacherous. Transplant drivers are aggressive and many aren’t sure where they’re going, so one needs to be on the defensive. Many people “down on their luck” head down here, too. I can’t run over to breakfast early in the morning without my husband because of the panhandlers. There is more, much more I could say about how much we have grown to hate Florida. We will never even vacation here again. This financial misstep has put a strain on our nest egg and our health.”
Here is just some of what the Florida Move Guide will do for you:
- You’ll learn the reasons so many people “permanently” move to Florida, only to eventually decide it was a mistake, and move out (if they can still afford to move).
- You’ll learn what you can do to minimize the risk of this happening to you.
- You’ll learn what living in Florida is really like. The people who are waiting to make lots of money from you when you move to Florida, and again when you move out, don’t want to discuss this with you.
- You’ll learn some real benefits of becoming a Florida resident that most people aren’t even aware of.
- You’ll learn how many people solved their “too cold where they live now” problem, by enjoying Florida’s warm weather and avoiding most of its negatives.
- You’ll learn about homestead tax savings, pros and cons of Florida condos, pool homes, deed restricted communities, retirement communities, types of construction, hurricane protection and much more.
- The Florida Move Guide will help you decide if Florida is really right for you or not.
- If Florida is right for you, this book will show you how to avoid expensive Florida move mistakes, and how to increase your odds of enjoying a long successful relocation in the Sunshine State.